Albatross Foundation is a non-profit association established in 2011 in Singapore, in 2012 in China and in 2017 in France. Its aim is to promote free education for all and to build a global organization that promotes the sustainable development of youth education by means of innovative interactive and playful tools. Due to the environmental challenges in China, Albatross Foundation has mainly worked in its early years on training Chinese children in elementary school. Since 2015, its work has been focused on France with programs on the environment and ecosystem conservation.
Initially, Albatross Foundation developed a series of 20 trilingual books (French/English/Chinese) targeting children's awareness of the environment and humanist values. The books were launched in 2010 at the World Expo in Shanghai with the first Albatross Collection set on the elements of nature (water, earth, air, light fire, tree) being presented to First Lady Carla Sarkozy and promoted during activities at the French Pavilion for 6 months. Thanks to the support of various institutions, the Albatross Foundation went viral... for large groups, the Albatross Foundation went viral in China and France through a "Train-the-Trainers" method to train employees who themselves went on to deliver training programs to children.
As a result, at the end of 2018 :
- More than 12000 children have been reached in 39 cities across 8 provinces in China and in cities in France such as Paris, Lyon, Grenoble and in the Forez-Loire
- More than 12,000 children have been trained in 39 cities, in 8 provinces in China, as well as in Paris, Lyon, Grenoble and Forez-Loire
- More than 72,000 Albatross books were distributed
- More than 450 adults and young people have been trained to become "Albatross trainers".
In December 2019, Albatross Foundation received the innovation award from the MEDEF Franco-China committee (CNRS Jury, ambassadors JP Raffarin and C Villani) for its project on fun water filtration activities in a face-to-face setting, and through a digital application. These activities will be deployed in French and Chinese elementary school via a digital application, developed by the AI laboratory of Liris/CNRS.
The SAPHIR application was thus created with 3 modules on water: filtration, urban water cycle and rural water cycle. In an interactive and playful way, with didactic parts, tests and memory games, it seeks to offer a complete course covering all the elements of nature. The air modules will be available by June 2021. Later, the modules on Earth, Fire and a multilingual interactive platform will be developed under the aegis of CNRS/LIRIS and our group of volunteer educators and scientists.
Albatross Foundation is an innovative non-profit organization :
- i-foundation" that operates with zero fixed costs, zero employees but 100 high-level honorary founding members from all over the world (1/3 scientists, 1/3 lawyers, 1/3 artists), all working as volunteers of the association
- Albatross has a project approach similar to that of the World Bank as well as an ombudsman system with right of alert to address any potential corruption issue within the organization» « any potential or ethical problems in the organization
- Albatross is financed in part through its own network of network of Albatross friends, as well as pro bono publications of legal works via www.albatrosslegal.org (i.e. free of charge and in solidarity with a donation of the fees / royalties to Albatross).
- Albatross is financed in part through its own "a-commerce" site www.cretae2donate.net, a philanthropic sales site located in Singapore with a net profit distribution from sales as follows: 1/3 for the value creator, 1/3 for Albatross and 1/3 for the NGO selected by the buyer (or Albatross by default).
« Children are the most influential communicators in building a future founded on sustainable development »